Series: ARCA Menards Series
Track: Lucas Oil Raceway (LOR)
Race: Calypso Lemonade 200
Duration: 200 laps / 137 miles
Segments: Break one – at or near lap 70 and break two – at or near lap 140
TV/Radio: 8:00PM EDT MAVTV and TrackPass on NBC Gold
· TRIANGLES TO OVALS: Heading to the rough and tumble 0.686-mile short track in Indianapolis will be a slightly different picture than last week’s race at the 2.5-mile “Tricky Triangle” at Pocono Raceway. Smith came home second, with Self in fifth and Dollar sixth.
· DRIVER REPORT: This week’s VMS driver lineup:
o Drew Dollar – No. 15 Lynx Capital, Dollar Concrete Toyota Camry
o Chandler Smith – No. 20 JBL Toyota Camry
o Michael Self – No. 25 Sinclair Oil, Champion Power Equipment Toyota Camry
· INDY LOVE: VMS has visited the historic LOR victory lane the last two seasons, 2018 and 2019. Christian Eckes and Chandler Smith brought home the hardware, respectively.
· STARTS: Michael Self leads the team with three previous LOR starts. Smith follows with two and Friday’s race will mark Dollar’s first ever LOR appearance.
· SCHEDULE: The Calypso Lemonade 200 will have a limited practice session from 3:30-4:3015PM on Friday, followed by General Tire Pole Qualifying at 5:45 PM EDT.
· SIOUX CHIEF SHOWDOWN: The Calypso Lemonade 200 may be the fifth race of the 2020 season, but Friday nights race will mark round two of the Sioux Chief Showdown. Chandler Smith, by virtue of his round one win at Phoenix (Raceway) earlier this season, currently leads the standings.
· LIGHTS, CAMERA, ACTION: Tune in live on MAVTV Friday, July 3 at 8 PM ET and be sure to look for the Michael Self with the General Tire in-car camera as well as Chandler Smith with the Sioux Chief in-car camera.
· SOCIAL: Fans can interact with VMS and their drivers on social media utilizing the different outlets:
o Facebook: VenturiniMotorsports
o Twitter: @VenturiniMotor
o Instagram: VenturiniMotorsports
o Hashtags: #FlyTheV #TeamToyota #DINOracing #PoweringChampions
Drew Dollar – No. 15 Lynx Capital, Dollar Concrete Construction Company Toyota Camry
“Ready to finally get back to a true short track this season. Lucas Oil Raceway looks like it produces some really good racing, so I am excited to get there. I know I am going to have another fast Venturini Motorsports Toyota Camry. This is another track I’ve never seen in person, but I have been studying a lot and feel like I’ll be able to get up to speed quickly.”
Chandler Smith – No. 20 JBL Toyota Camry
“LOR (Lucas Oil Raceway) has been a good track for Venturini Motorsports as a whole in the past and I was fortunate enough to visit victory lane there last season. We aim to repeat last year’s win and I am looking forward to hitting the track in my JBL Toyota Camry.”
Michael Self – No. 25 Sinclair Oil, Champion Power Equipment Toyota Camry
“Lucas Oil Raceway (LOR) has been a track that I’ve struggled with recently. I had a really solid run there in 2017 and led a bunch of laps, ultimately finishing second, but since then I’ve had a really hard time getting my cars balance right for me. Kevin (Reed) has had a lot of success at LOR, so I am excited to be paired with him and see if we can get it figured out.”