Series: ARCA Menards Series
Track: Pocono Raceway
Race: General Tire #AnywhereIsPossible 200
Duration: 80 laps / 200 miles
Segments: Break one – at or near lap 20 and break two – at or near lap 50
TV/Radio: 6:00PM EDT FS1 – MRN & SiriusXM Ch. 385 and online Ch. 985
LAST TIME OUT: The ARCA Menards Series made their comeback at Talladega Superspeedway last weekend, with Drew Dollar earning his first career series victory in only his fifth start. The win also marked VMS’ first time visiting victory lane at the historic Alabama track. Repko came home second with Self in fifth.
DRIVER REPORT: This week’s VMS driver lineup:
- Drew Dollar – No. 15 Lynx Capital, Dollar Concrete Toyota Camry
- Chandler Smith – No. 20 JBL Toyota Camry
- Michael Self – No. 25 Sinclair Oil, Champion Power Equipment Toyota Camry
· TURN UP THE TUNES: Chandler Smith will once again be back behind the wheel of the No. 20 JBL Toyota Camry this weekend. Smith, will be making his second career start at Pocono Raceway and enters the race on a wave of momentum after winning in his last outing at Phoenix Raceway.
· TEAM VETERAN: Michael Self, with three previous Pocono starts, has notched two top-five and two top-10 finishes since first visiting the track in 2017.
· SCHEDULE: The General Tire #AnywhereIsPossible 200 will have a limited practice session from 3:45-4:30 PM EDT on Friday. While there is no qualifying session on schedule, positions 1-20 will be set by 2020 Owners Points and 21-30 via a random draw.
· FIRST POCONO TRIP: Drew Dollar (No. 15) will have another new race track to add under his belt come Saturday after getting to tackle the “Tricky Triangle.”
· GENERAL TIRE SUPERSPEEDWAY CHALLENGE: The General Tire #AnywhereIsPossible 200 will be race number four of the General Tire Superspeedway Challenge, which recognizes the car owner who accumulates the most points in the designated events.
· LIGHTS, CAMERA, ACTION: Tune in live on FS1 Saturday, June 20 at 1 PM CT and be sure to look for the Michael Self with the Sinclair Oil in-car camera as well as Chandler Smith with the General Tire in-car camera.
SOCIAL: Fans can interact with VMS and their drivers on social media utilizing the different outlets:
- Facebook: VenturiniMotorsports
- Twitter: @VenturiniMotor
- Instagram: VenturiniMotorsports
- Hashtags: #FlyTheV #TeamToyota #DINOracing #PoweringChampions
Drew Dollar – No. 15 Lynx Capital, Dollar Concrete Construction Company Toyota Camry
“I’m looking forward to carrying the momentum we have from winning at Talladega Superspeedway into Pocono Raceway this weekend. We’ll have limited practice and I’ve never been to Pocono before, but I’m confident that I will be able to quickly get up to speed. I know my Venturini Motorsports Toyota Camry is going to be really good and I can’t wait to get back to the track.”
Chandler Smith – No. 20 JBL Toyota Camry
“I’m looking forward to getting back in my No. 20 JBL Toyota Camry with Venturini Motorsports. It’s been a long downtime and I am excited at being able to be back at a racetrack.”
Michael Self – No. 25 Sinclair Oil, Champion Power Equipment Toyota Camry
“Pocono Raceway has been a little bit tough for me to really grasp in the past. I really like the track, but its definitely difficult. Last year we were able to snag a third-place finish, but I left feeling like I just wasn’t where I wanted to be with my level of comfort there. I’ve spent a lot of time watching video and asking questions to people that have had success there and I have a few things in mind that I’m anxious to try this weekend. It’ll be interesting with such a limited practice session, but I’ve got confidence that the No. 25 Sinclair Oil Toyota Camry team are bringing a solid car as always and I can just go in and work on the things I want.”